Pretty in Punk

by - 9:00 AM


My purple hair has been inspiring me to let my inner aesthetic out. If I could look like this all the time, I really think I would. I mentioned last week in this post that I was planning on a short series featuring some of my favorite boots. Today, we're pulling out the trusty Doc Martens. They always give me serious 90s vibes, and I love how clunky they are. I used to make jokes about how if I could get one good kick to the shins in with these that I could win any fight. They are a classic way to toughen up any outfit. I also love the silhouette and how much of a style statement the pants can make (killer Beetlejuice impression, am I right?). Styled with all black, they stand out perfectly, and vertical stripes are always flattering. Since they are neutral, I can also wear them with T-shirts casually or let other pieces shine. I threw in a couple of lip options for you. Both are from NYX with one more neutral and one for my risk takers... 

I had to do some digging to find the best matches for the top and pants because I did buy them a while ago. I found some spot on tops and great similar options for the pants for you guys! Details and more photos below!

Top // Old Navy // Similar // Similar
Cigarette Pants // Forever 21 // Houndstooth Pair // Gray and White // B&W Striped Leggings
Shoes // Doc Marten

If you've got ideas of more ways that I can rock this black lipstick, please let me know in the comments below! Also let me know what your favorite way to toughen up an outfit is? 



You May Also Like

0 comments