Let's Talk Tours: Bastille Concert (4/28)

by - 3:30 PM

If you caught My Happy Week/10, you saw that I went to see Bastille in concert a few weeks ago. I thought I would tell you all about that today. Mostly, I still can't believe that it happened and need to process it all.
The quick rundown is that my super amazing father and I got there about 3 hours before the doors opened. They are my current favorite band, so I really wanted to be as close to the front as possible. When we arrived, there were only 8 people in line in front of us. Once they let us in, I ended up exactly where I wanted to be which was front row directly in front of Dan Smith's (the lead singer's) drums. The show was incredible. They sound just like they do on their album, and Dan's awkward dance moves were just adorable. I had seen the bus when we were trying to find a place to park before the show, so I knew exactly where to go after the show was over. We ended up waiting about 45 minutes, but I got the opportunity to meet Woody the drummer and Dan! They couldn't have been any sweeter. Dan even put up with my Dad's iPhone camera messing up. The flash was basically washing out the whole picture (which I ended up fixing with a lot of editing). I was just standing there trying to figure it out when he grabbed the phone and said that we could just take selfies. I ended up with tons of pictures and a great story to tell. I'm certainly more obsessed with them than I was before the show. I'm going to share those pictures and a few concert shots below. I was going to share some of my favorite Bastille songs and covers with you all, but this post just got a little overwhelming with all that added in. I'm sure I can up with an excuse to share them in the future (especially since they sing my blog's theme song and I've been wanting to talk about that). Hope you enjoy this even though no actual music is included!

Update: Bastille finally uploaded a tour diary video, and they included the Nashville show that I went to! See if you can spot me in the front row...(I may or may not have cried when I got to watch this for the first time)


I couldn't be happier with my experience, and I already can't wait to see them again! This was my 31st concert overall, so I think I have gotten the hang of it all. If you have any concert related questions, feel free to leave them in the comments. I would love to share some tips with you guys soon!



You May Also Like

0 comments