Festive Nails: Valentine's Day Edition

by - 3:00 PM

Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I wanted to share my idea for festive nails just like I did for Christmas which you can see here! Just like in that one, I kept it simple. I like to keep my nails vaguely festive rather than all out and in your face. It plays off the heart shape and your classic Valentine's colors of pink and red. I included the polish information and some step-by-step pictures on how to achieve it. Hope you like it!


I started as always with the Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat. I love this stuff because it really protects your nails from staining, and I find that it works incredibly well as a top coat. I did my nails this way over a week ago, and I hardly have any chips. The red I chose is the Wet N Wild Megalast polish in D195A Taking the Red-Eye. The darkest shade of pink is Rose from the Glow in the Dark range from love & beauty at Forever 21. The baby pink is the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in 160 Mauve It. I also threw on the Essie Apricot cuticle oil afterwards for a little extra moisturizing.


I absolutely love this look. I'm all about simple ways to get in the spirit of a holiday.
What kind of nails are you planning for this year?

P.S. Just in case you are looking for an adorable Valentine's Day card to give to someone special, my sweet friend Nalin has a shop on Etsy with adorable cards like these! 



You May Also Like

0 comments