Valentine's Day Makeup

by - 5:29 PM

Just like I promised, I'm back with a Valentine's Day makeup idea. I wanted to keep everything really simple, and I added a lot of pink elements throughout the look. If you can't wear pink makeup on Valentine's Day, when can you? Don't worry though, it's all very soft and subtle. All the makeup I used is below along with a few steps on how to achieve it. Here's how it turned out! 

For the face, I used Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 101 Classic Ivory. Make sure to really blend this in, and don't use too much! We don't need cake face on Valentine's Day. For concealers, I used Rimmel Match Perfection in 230 Fair/Light around my eyes and the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 15 Fair on any spots or redness. I powdered all that with Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Transparent. The Match Perfection foundation is a little wet, so you are definitely going to have to set it with something. I used my Wet N Wild 831E Pearlescent Pink blush for a little flush of shimmery pink on the cheeks.
Close up of products used for the eyes including the matte rose pink color from the NYX Nude on Nude palette, Wet N Wild's Walking on Eggshells Color Icon Trio, and Merle Norman Eyeshadow in Sugar Plum.
I wanted to include a closeup of the matte rosy pink that I used from Nude on Nude as that palette doesn't have shadow names. It really softened up the whole eye. Because it is a matte color, it doesn't reflect any light, so it works well for a light crease definition without looking too harsh or overdone.  On the right, I added some swatches. From left to right, those are the brow bone shade from the Walking on Eggshells trio, Merle Norman Sugar Plum, NYX rose shadow, and the eyelid color from the Walking on Eggshells trio. 

I applied the eyelid color from Wet N Wild trio across the entire lid, the NYX shadow through the crease, Sugar Plum in the outer V of my eye (be sure to blend), and the brow bone color from the trio as an inner corner highlight. That could also be used to highlight your whole face if you like a shimmery highlighter. I added Maybelline's Master Duo by EyeStudio Liquid Eyeliner in 500 Black Laquer across my lash line. The liner is super pigmented (make sure to shake it), and it lasts all day on me. For a little added flare, just flick that out, and add a cat eye for drama. Then, I used my Maybelline The Rocket mascara in black/brown on my bottom lashes. I love using it there because it's waterproof, so no running! Curl those top lashes, and add 2 coats of Covergirl Lash Blast mascara in black. Lastly, I used one quick coat of Revlon's Lip Butter in 010 Raspberry Pie which I talked about here! Just go over the lip and blend with your finger to really soften the color up. If you are worried about eating with the lipstick, just skip it and go with a tinted balm instead.

Hope this gave you a bit of inspiration for this Friday!



You May Also Like

0 comments