2017

by - 5:13 PM


Hello!

I've finally figured out how I want to live out my mantra this year. A quote that is always on repeat in my brain is "Bloom where you are planted." I talked about it for the first time in this post back at the beginning of 2014 (which is insane). I used to try to make new resolutions every year but I think this year I'm going to try to find out a way to live out my mantra in a new way. My big goal for this year is to try new things. If you know me, you know that I am terrible at this. I hate getting out of my comfort zone in pretty much every area. I'm a picky eater, and that really needs to change. I haven't gotten to travel to half of the places that I want to go, and that needs to change. I spend too much time worrying about what is going to happen if I go to a new place with new people. Are they going to like me? Is it going to be awkward? The list goes on and on.... I'm tired of being this way, and it was honestly getting to a point where I was self destructive. That being said, now the journey begins. I've already put myself out on some limbs in just the first two weeks of this year. I dyed my hair purple again even though I wasn't quite sure if my school would allow it. I'm doing better at taking responsibility for my own happiness and valuing my own well being. As I hit submit on this post, I am just about to head out to my first kickboxing class in town. I'm pretty nervous about all of this, but I'm also excited to see how I can grow this year!

Updates to come...

You May Also Like

0 comments