Music Monday: Who I'm Seeing in September

by - 2:55 PM

Hello! September is going to be an incredible concert month for me, so I thought I would share some things that I am really looking forward to hearing live! I've tickets to see Ed Sheeran this weekend, and I'm going to my very first music festival (Music Midtown) the weekend after that. The lineup is amazing, and I'm pumped to get my first taste of the festival scene. You'll be getting full posts about both of those, so be looking for those this month. Below, you'll find the lineup and some songs that I am really excited about hearing.


  1. Sing - Ed Sheeran; I love the live version of this because I absolutely can't wait to be singing the chorus of this at the show. The way he gets the crowd involved is one of my very favorite things about seeing him perform live.
  2. You Need Me, I Don't Need You - Ed Sheeran; I have already heard this song performed live 4 separate times. Let me tell you, it never gets old. He does a full on 11 minute version of this song, and I know every word of it. I lose my voice screaming them all every time. 
  3. Feel the Love - Rudimental; I'm excited that Ed chose these guys to open for him.
  4. Your Body is a Wonderland - John Mayer; In this post, I let it slip that this may be (it definitely is) my favorite song of all time. I was lucky enough to see John on the tour supporting his Battle Studies album back in 2010, but he didn't sing this song. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will make this setlist. I've already warned my friends that the chances of me crying are high.
  5. Black Widow - Iggy Azalea; I chose this one mostly because I'm already a little over "Fancy." Truly, the hook of this song is killer, and I can't wait to scream it at the top of my lungs.
  6. Of The Night - Bastille; So, I've already heard this one…but I'm going to cheat since it inspired the title of this blog. This holds such a special place in my heart, and this one has some crowd involvement as well.
  7. Till I Collapse - Eminem; "Lose Yourself" would be the obvious answer here, and I've got a lot of love for that song. When I was in high school, I was always tasked with making the warm up CDs for the varsity teams that I was on, and "Till I Collapse" made its way on to a few of them. Eminem is just going to be an epic show anyways, and he made his way through parts of 30 songs at Lollapalooza this year. I'm sure we will all get a taste of the song we came to hear.
  8. Team - Lorde; By far, this is the song by Lorde that I connect the most to. I'm also really looking forward to witnessing those gremlin dance moves in person.
  9. So Good - B.o.B.; I don't think this song got the radio play that it deserved. It has that really breezy summer feeling to it, and it was love at first listen. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for "Arena."
  10. Slumber - NeedtoBreathe; I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will have the time to see them and that they will sing this. It's been a consistent musical love of mine since senior year of high school.




You May Also Like

0 comments