Mani Monday: The Fault In Our Stars

by - 7:00 PM

Yay for double posting! Just like I promised, I've got a Mani Monday for you today as well. In My Happy Week/10, you saw that I had actually bought a second copy of The Fault In Our Stars by John Green because I love it so much. That reigns supreme as my favorite book, and it is pretty far ahead of any others. That being said, I am unreasonably excited about the movie coming out in June! The TFIOS movie Tumblr announced that John Green, Ansel Elgort, Shailene Woodley, and Nat Wolff would be doing a tour around America to promote the movie. They have a stop in Nashville, and guess who got tickets!? The event is this Thursday, so I thought it was only right to have TFIOS-themed nails. I didn't want to get too crazy, so I kept it contained to an accent nail and the color choice. Hope you guys like it!
P.S. Please excuse that I still have polish all over my fingers in these pictures. I just really wanted to get this post up for you today!

I got my inspiration straight from the original book cover as you will see below!
The Polishes (Left to Right): Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat, Harry/Nice color from One Direction's Office Depot school supply collection, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White On, Wet n Wild Fast Dry in Ebony Hates Chris. This picture also shows part of my striping brush that I picked up from Sally's Beauty Supply.
The coloring on this one is edited, so the one below is going to show the
actual nail/book coloring the best if you want to see how it matches.

I wasn't sure exactly what design I was going to end up with when I started this which is why I don't have all the steps pictures. I will do my best to walk you through them here. 
After applying your base coat, you want to find the closest thing to TFIOS blue that you have. Unfortunately, my One Direction polish was limited edition, so any blue polish you can find will work!  I would highly suggest the Essie polish in Strut Your Stuff if you can get your hands on it. I said up top that I wanted to keep it subtle, but I still wanted to take inspiration directly from the cover. I chose to play off the cloud shapes that have the title and author's name in them. After applying two coats of the blue and giving them time to dry, I got my striping brush out and outlined the white cloud first. I filled it in with the regular polish brush. Just be careful not to pick up too much polish from the bottle when you do that, or your cloud will get lumpy and weird. After the white had dried, I followed the same steps with my black polish. I let the black cloud overlap the white just like it does on the cover. Hopefully those make sense, and I really hope you enjoyed this look!

Two Questions this week! Have you read The Fault in Our Stars, and do you have any book suggestions for my list of books to read this summer?

You May Also Like

0 comments