Closet Confidential Tag!

by - 3:00 PM

I'm back with another fashion post! I wanted to share some of the pieces that have made their way into my college closet. This tag was started by FleurdeForce on YouTube. I loved her video, and I think these are so interesting. Hopefully, you enjoy!

HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS:
1. What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet?
2. What is the newest item?
3. What is the most expensive item?
4. What is the cheapest/most affordable item? (that you wear/use a lot!)
5. What was the biggest bargain?
6. What was the biggest waste of money?!

BONUS QUESTION - Show us your three favourite items right now!

Let's get started!

Question 1: Oldest item in my wardrobe?
  • I had to share two items for this one. I stole both of them from my dad's closet which is my favorite place to steal clothes from. The one on the left is a sweatshirt with the Lumberjacks logo on it. This sweatshirt is so old that that NHL team doesn't even exist anymore. My dad said his brother bought it for him for Christmas one year when he was a teenager. My uncle always makes a comment whenever I wear it. It's so comfy, and it smells like my Dad. It's definitely one of my favorite things to lounge around in. The one on the right is my parent's senior class shirt from 1982. They even signed it next to each other because they were high school sweethearts. (TOO CUTE!) It's a baseball style shirt which I am obsessed with, and it has a real vintage feel to it. 


Question 2: Newest Item? 
  • This one is two-fold as well because I bought them at the same time. They are both from H&M, and they were both only $15 on sale. The first is a tank top that has stud-type embellishments all around it. It also has a keyhole in the back which adds some interest. Since it is such a neutral color, I am really excited to mix and match it with other things. The second is a nude pair of heels. I think every girl needs a pair of these, and I have been on the hunt for a great pair for a while. They go with everything and can be a real staple in a wardrobe. They are 5 inches tall, so fingers crossed I don't trip and break an ankle.



Question 3: Most expensive item?
  • This is definitely my American Apparel Disco Pants by far. I am a pretty cheap person, so I tend to stick to stores that I know aren't out of my price range. I fell in love with these pants online and thought about them for six months before purchasing them. They retail at $85. It really hurt my heart to buy them at the time, but I definitely haven't regretted for a second. I am planning a post about if Disco Pants are really worth the money and some things to consider. I know I would have loved to read something like that before I bought them, so keep your eyes out for that.


Question 4: Cheapest item that you actually wear?
  • This dress is the first one that came to mind. It is from the Prabal Gurung line at Target which came out around Valentine's Day last year. The dress was originally $50, and I actually almost bought it in store the first time I saw it. I held off because I was shopping for a specific event, and it didn't quite fit the bill for what I needed. When I was home for the summer, I went to my local Dirt Cheap which can be absolute gold mine. (I definitely suggest checking it out if you have one). This dress was in there on sale for $7. I bought it without a second thought and have loved it ever since. It's a gorgeous candy apple red and the black detailing is super flattering.

Question 5: Biggest Bargain?
  • This is another Dirt Cheap find. It is actually from the Neiman Marcus line for Target which came out in December last year, and I picked it up in the summer time as well. In the store, I didn't even give these clothes a second glance because they were just way too expensive for me. This shirt retailed at $80 originally. In Dirt Cheap, it was only $15. That is over an 80% mark down. I love to wear this when I am going for a dressier look. I like to pair it with simple solid bottoms to balance out the sparkle.

Question 6: Waste of money?
  • I guess I've got to skip this question for now. I love everything that is currently in my college closet. I be sure to switch out things when I am no longer wearing them. Also, I try really hard to think carefully about what I am going to buy in stores. I try to think of multiple outfits that I can make with pieces before I think of buying them. It's important to look at how the item fits into your wardrobe. It has led me to a lot less buyer's remorse.
BONUS: 3 Favorite Items Currently?
  • I'm currently obsessed with this black sweater with white stripes on the sleeves. It is really versatile and warm enough for the cold front that has hit Alabama recently. I picked it up at Forever 21 for $20.
  • Secondly is the disco pants that I talked about above. I will take any excuse to wear them. They are the first pair of pants I reach for when I get dressed in the morning.
  • Lastly, I am loving my plaid shirt from the men's section of H&M. It is so comfortable, and it is one of my favorite things to throw on and go during this time of the year.


What are the most reached for items in your closet?

You May Also Like

0 comments