FOTD: Like a Tattoo

by - 3:00 PM

Hello! Welcome to my first ever Face of the Day! Basically, I'm just to give you a rundown of the products that I'm wearing in the pictures below. I'll share how I used them or why I like them. I was inspired to do one of these because I've been loving two particular products lately which are the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. They both have tattoo in the name which for some reason screamed to me to post about them together. I also want to take as many pictures with purple hair as possible. All the pictures and info are below!











Base:

This is my most repurchased makeup product by far. It is actually the first foundation that I ever had. If you have sensitive skin and you have a Merle Norman store near you, I would highly suggest popping in. They have products that my mother and I both swear by. This is a great foundation for the spring and summer time. It evens out your complexion, but it still looks like your skin. The birthmark on my forehead and the few freckles I have still come through. You wouldn't believe the amount of compliments I get on my complexion when I wearing this. If you aren't in need of heavy duty coverage, this would be a good one to try.
I recently started using the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant for covering any dark circles. So far, I am loving it. Rather than just covering the area, it really brightens it up. I've been really wanting to buy the YSL Touche Éclat which does the same thing, but I can't get past the 40 dollar price tag. Maybelline and YSL are actually owned by the same company, so I did some research. I think the Dream Lumi Touch concealer is a super similar option, and I've heard it actually has more coverage. If the fact that they are owned by the same company doesn't convince you, the label is in both English and French. Touch in French is "touche," and you'll never guess what the word for radiant is. If you guessed "éclat," you win this little virtual guessing game. That's enough convincing for me. I pair that concealer with the Revlon Photoready Concealer in 002 Light for any spots or redness.
I've gotten in the habit of using two powders lately. I set my face with Maybelline Dream Wonder in 15 Ivory and go back over the more oily areas of my face (which for me are my nose and chin) with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Translucent. This combo really helps my makeup last all day and keeps the dreaded shine at bay for me.

Eyes:

Now for the focus of this look. I used my Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow in 25 Bad to the Bronze as an all over the lid color. If you don't have one of these, I couldn't recommend them more highly. They don't budge or crease and are so easy to apply. I love this color in particular because it goes with a lot of looks. You can make it smoky or soft and go for a bold or neutral lip. It all works. I also think a bronze shades really works to make a lot of eye colors stand out.
I popped some of the Merle Norman Eye Shadow in Cocoa in the crease to add some definition. I also ran this along my bottom lash line. I like to use shadow there instead of liner to keep everything looking soft. 
Then, I grabbed my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and went for a cat eye. I just recently picked this up at Sephora. I've been on the hunt for a go-to liquid liner, and I think I found it. This one comes in pen form, but it has a brush tip rather than a felt tip. It makes it so easy to apply in my opinion (If you are a person who needs the tip of your liner pen to be stiff for your liner to be perfect, then you'll want to skip this one). The color can be super black with 2 coats or a little softer with 1. It dries quickly, and it stays all day. I can put this on in the morning, and it will look just as good when I go to take my makeup off that night. I am obsessed with it so far. I'll keep you updated if my eyeliner opinions change. For now, I plan to be repurchasing this one for a long time.
I finished the look off with some Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in 001 Black on my top and bottom lashes.

Lips and Cheecks:

To be completely honest, the Wet N Wild Blush in 831E Pearlescent Pink is actually the only one I currently own. If I'm ever wearing blush, it's this one. It costs 3 dollars at the drugstore and is very nicely pigmented. It's widely considered a dupe for the blush that I see talked about the most on the internet which is Nars Orgasm, and it is only 1/10 of the price.
I wanted this look to be about the eyes, so I stuck with the Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Pink Lady which is a soft pink. Although, I think this eye look is soft enough to consider pairing a bright lip with this look if you are feeling it.

What products have you been loving lately?

P.S. Last week, I installed the Disqus commenting system onto my blog which means you can now comment if you have a Twitter, Facebook, or. Google +. You can even comment as a guest if you like! :)



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. First of all, I love your blog leslie! Second, I found it humorous we use the same mineral powder in the same shade! I love Merle Norman products and like that they cover easy and stay in place all day. Can't wait till next post! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Isn't it incredible though?! I've been using it for the longest time! Love you! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete