Feeling Like a #BOSS

by - 3:00 PM

Hello! Lately, I've found some things that make me feel a little bit like a boss…a #GIRLBOSS to be exact. Today, I'm going to share those two things with you.


One of my most repinned people on my Pinterest is hands down the Nasty Gal profile (I'm going to put some of my current favorite pieces available from Nasty Gal in this post, so feel free to shop those). That being said when their Founder and CEO Sophia Amuroso was coming out with a book, I saw a lot of promo for it all over my homepage. At first, I was skeptical. To be fair, I'm skeptical of anything with a hashtag in the title (props to you for not judging this post for having a hashtag and reading it anyways). Over time, I kept hearing good things about it. Then, Anna, over on one of my favorite blogs ViviannaDoesMakeup, posted about how much she liked it, and that sealed the deal. I picked it up from the library and decided to give it a go. I'm so glad I did. If you are in need of some motivation, around my age, or just aren't quite sure what to do with you life yet, I think this is a great book for you. Don't be fooled like I was. At first, I kind of thought this was going to be some kind of weird self-help kind of book, but it isn't. It mostly chronicles Sophia's story as she started and grew Nasty Gal into the business it is today. Nasty Gal is an online store that sells clothing and accessories. All the things you would expect from an online retailer. The thing that separates Nasty Gal from others is the customers ability to shop both new clothes and vintage ones. Sophia Amurosa does know a thing or two about success. Her business did 100 million dollars in sales in 2012 alone. You can trust what she is telling you about how to be a #GIRLBOSS because she is one herself. It is packed with cool quotes and tips, but what makes it interesting is Sophia. Her story is a Cinderella one by the modern day definition, but she had to be her own fairy godmother when building this business. If you are in need of a kick in the pants to get going on a dream, look no further for your inspiration. I've got a few of my favorite quotes from it to share with you all below. I'll be bringing back another quote from this book next Saturday to talk about what I think the most marketable skill you can have when you are job hunting is, so check back for that!
  • "The energy you'll expend focusing on someone else's life is better spent working on your own. Just be your own idol."
  • "When your goal is to gain experience, perspective, and knowledge, failure is no longer a possibility. Failure is your invention. I believe that there is a silver lining in everything, and once you begin to see it, you'll need sunglasses to combat the glare."
  • "Things come to those who wait but only what is left by those who hustle."
  • "Don't you dare think my shredded T-shirt makes me a sheep in wolf's clothing. I, like every #GIRLBOSS, am a wolf in wolf's clothing."
  • "When you don't dress like everyone else, you don't have to think like everyone else."
  • "You can have a ton of money and buy yourself all the designer goodies you can stuff into the trunk of your Mercedes-Benz, but no amount of money can buy you style."
  • "Clothing is ultimately the suit of armor in which we battle the world. When you choose your clothing right, it should feel good. And there's nothing shallow about feeling good. Owning your style, however, is much more about your attitude than it is about what's on your back."
  • "An advantage of being naive is being able to believe in yourself when no one else will."
Quickly, I just wanted to share the newest Fifth Harmony track with you entitled, you guessed it, BO$$ (So many capital letters today). When my Nasty Gal motivation hasn't been enough, this has put me over the edge. It's had been the first thing I put on pretty much everyday when I start getting ready since it came out last week. I realize the lyrics are a lot corny, but I'm willing to look past that if you are. The girls sound great on this track. As their name suggests, the harmony is on point. I'd say it's worth 3 minutes of your life to give it a listen. Just let yourself feel the girl power that inevitably flows from any girl group track.


What makes you feel like a boss?

P.S. I'm sharing some more books that I have read recently on Saturday, so be back for that! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments