What I Wore: Winter Formal (Taylor Swift Inspired)

by - 3:38 PM

My school had our first ever winter formal last night. My mom and I did some serious online shopping and found the perfect dress! We found it at Dillard's. It is a Morgan & Co. Lace V-Back Gown, and it was only $89 which is pretty good for a formal dress in my opinion. It also comes in black if you are interested in it. My mom wanted me to add that it does have nude paneling underneath the lace. You won't have to worry about trying to find a slip or tank top to go underneath it.




If this dress looks familiar, that's because it is! After I had already ordered this dress, I realized I had seen something very similar on one Miss Taylor Swift at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. I remember thinking she looked insanely beautiful this night, so I was pretty excited to find a dress so close to hers! I decided to go ahead and make my makeup similar to what I normally see her wearing. She always has a flawless face. It is a bit luminous, and her skin looks incredible smooth. That was step number one. Then, I decided to go for a more neutral eye that was still a bit smoky and winged eyeliner (of course)! I kept the lips neutral just like she did as I feel throwing on a bold lip with such a bright red dress would overpower it all a bit. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm going to take you through all the products that I used to achieve the look I just described.


Swatches From Left to Right: 1) I attempted to recreate the color of Barely
Branded as my roommate took it home this weekend, but it would be much
more pigmented than shown here. 2) Merle Norman Desert Shimmer 3) Merle
Norman Semi-Matte Cocoa 4) Merle Norman Sugar Plum
 5) Highlight Shade from Walking on Eggshells

Primer: Revlon Photoready and mark Please Hold Eye Primer
Foundation: Rimmel Match Perfection in 101 Classic Ivory
Concealers: Rimmel Match Perfection in 230 Fair/Light for under my eyes and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair for any redness or blemishes
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Transparent
Blush: Wet N Wild Color Icon Blush in 831E Pearlescent Pink (which I've heard is a great dupe for Nars Orgasm if any of you are on the hunt for that)
Highlighter: Top shadow from the Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio
Shadows Used: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded (lid), Merle Norman Eye Shadows in Sugar Plum (outer half of lid), Desert Shimmer (crease), and Cocoa (crease definer), Wet N Wild Color Icon Trio in C380B Walking on Eggshells (inner corners)
Eyeliners: Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in 210 Espresso on the bottom and mark What a Line Felt Tip Liner in Brownie Points for the top
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express in Brownish Black
Lips: Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me



I wanted to be sure to throw in a few pictures from my night! Have you ever gone with a celebrity inspiration for a special event? 


You May Also Like

0 comments