My Ombre Hair!

by - 3:00 PM

After contemplating it for months, I finally decided to just jump and dye my hair for the very first time! I have seen a lot of people with ombre hair, and I absolutely love the look of it. My number one ombre inspiration was definitely Zoella. I have been obsessed with her hair since I saw her first video, and I hoped that ombre would be a good option for me as well. I thought that it was a good way to get into the world of hair dye as I kept my natural color on top and just died the bottom half(ish). I had mine done at a salon because I wanted to be sure it turned out right. I am loving the result, so I wanted to share it with you. After I have had it for a little while longer, I plan on sharing my hair care routine and how I keep my hair healthy. 
Before

And After!

A Few Tips for the Salon Day:
  1. An obvious one but discuss it with your hair stylist! I went in for a trim before I had my hair dyed, so I had a chance to ask her all my questions about it. That includes asking about the process and more importantly the price. It was good to get all of my questions out at one time beforehand. Knowing the answers before you do it gives you a little extra time to be absolutely POSITIVE that this is what you want to do.
  2. Bring a picture! This is the one mistake that I made. I had a picture, but I didn't show it to her because I though we were on the same page. It wasn't as blonde as I wanted it the first time, so I had to go through the bleaching process twice. That was no good for my hair, and I definitely would have done that differently.
  3. Bring something to entertain yourself. I spent about 3 hours in the chair total that day as I had to get it dyed twice. At least an hour of that time was just waiting for the dye to work. I was definitely glad to have my iPhone and a magazine with me.
  4. Bring someone with you. If my dad hadn't been with me, I don't know that I would have had the courage to ask her to do my hair over again. He came back to pick me up after the first dye and said, "What's different?" That's when I knew that it just wasn't as drastic as I wanted it to be, and I really wasn't as happy with it as I thought. Having someone who will comment on it is really helpful when you are still sorting out how you feel about it.
  5. If it isn't how you want it, TELL THEM. As I have already said, I had mine dyed twice. I just wasn't thrilled with the first results because it wasn't noticeable enough of a change for me. I went into this with the motto, "Go big or go home." Your hairstylist works for you. If you aren't happy, they will do the best they can to fix it.
  6. Lastly, ask the stylist about hair care. I did a lot of research beforehand, but I still wanted her opinion on types of shampoos, conditioners, and deep conditioners. It is always good to get a professionals opinion.


You May Also Like

0 comments