Your Lips But Better

by - 5:42 PM

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you probably saw all my Bold Lips on a Budget posts. If you haven't I will link the 3 of them by color right here (Maroon, Raspberry Pink, and Red!) I've got a few colors to add to those posts soon for the upcoming spring, but I wanted to tell you guys about a more neutral lip today! I've been on the hunt for a great everyday color which I have always seen called a "your lips but better" color. I've also been patiently waiting for the Rimmel Show Offs to arrive in my local stores. I've been looking for them in all my drugstores for months, and my Wal-Mart finally got them 2 weeks ago! Lucky for me, I found my perfect everyday color in this collection that I had been waiting for.
Rimmel London Show Off in 101 Celestial



This is a lip lacquer rather than a lipstick. It is a liquid but is as opaque as your classic lipstick. It comes in a gloss-like tube and has a doe foot applicator. This applicator is a little bit different because there is actually a small dip in it. It picks up more product than a usual applicator would. There is enough product on it to cover my lips in one swipe. On me, it lasts 3-4 hours if I'm not going to eat. This is the kind of product that you might want to carry around with you to reapply.  It does have a smell if that is the kind of thing that bothers you (think old school popsicles). I included a side-by-side close up comparison of my bare lips and the lip lacquer on, and the picture on the right is just my natural lip.



This is what is looks like on. I wanted to include this picture because I know that I like to see how colors look against a person's skin tone. I'm super happy with how this drugstore find turned out. 
What is your favorite everyday lip color?





You May Also Like

0 comments